Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another change....


I watched the final "Tonight Show...with Jay Leno" last night and the enormity of what is happening finally
hit me. I have watched "Tonight" religiously all my life...with Carson and then with Leno...It has been my nightly decompression ritual to have a good laugh and hear some new music before I turned in for 30 years. I am deeply saddened that Leno is going...and like many others I feel the brass at NBC has made a big mistake. That said, I accept that the show needs to appeal to a younger audience to keep advertising revenue coming in...and Conan is a proven talent with the younger crowds. I wish Conan the best...and I will continue to watch...

Seems Conan and I have something in common. We are both stepping away from jobs we never expected to have at a point in our lives and yet we excelled at them. We both start new jobs Monday with exceptionally large expectations on a much bigger stage. I have something in common with Leno as well...I finished out my old job on Friday. How strange is it that it worked out exactly this way?

I want to thank the wonderful people I worked with at Steak-n-Shake for their part in my success there as a restaurant manager. As I move on to bigger things as a General Manager at Krystal I reflect on my time at SNS and find I am humbly grateful to have been part of such a fine organization. We accomplished 7% positive comps in a down economy when our sister franchise restaurants averaged -5%. Do the math! That's 12% better than everybody! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment