Friday, October 15, 2010

Revisiting "The Storm."

I've been hard at work this past week going through my backlog of post Katrina pictures of New Orleans. I have a large collection of images that I have been carefully sorting and selecting the best ones for digital editing into photo artwork. I have utilized my own photography and the photography of others for this purpose. Of course I wanted images that illustrated the heartbreak, but I also wanted to include images that were both unique and hopeful. I believe I have been successful. Several of these were taken by my man Bart Everson in early 2006. He has graciously provided me with a creative commons license to edit these into art work and post them for public consumption as I see fit. Thanks!

                            213 N. Salcedo St Mid City. An utterly devastated shotgun house.
 The Bush Mobile-Folk art sculpture using flood-damaged car on the banks of Bayou St. John
 Mirabeau Avenue near the failed London Avenue Canal flood wall
 Flood ruined car on Mid City neutral ground with perfectly apt graffiti.
 My Mid City hangout-The Rock 'n' Bowl...what's better than bowling, beer and live music?
I took this shot in April 2010.
Cinco De Mayo 2006-Snooks Eaglin at Rock'n'Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment